Tuesday, February 15, 2011

*Joe again

Just  a quick report today - I only had time to ride *Joe today - I do have to get groceries once in a while you know LOL!

It is so icy here that I had to hang on to Joe just to walk him down my driveway to get to the indoor arena!  He has winter shoes on so HE has traction, I do not!  So he was very good about assisting me though and we made it over there and I rode him for probably two hours by the time it was all done.  It was windy again today so that bothered him for quite a while, but I persevered and eventually he settled down and then the owner of the arena came in with one of her horses to lunge and well... Joe was thrilled!  He was so pleased to have another horse in there with him and I remembered that he has been on his own in there for quite a few rides, poor guy, he sure was happy to have company and he went REALLY well then!

I may try to get Anastasia to bring a horse with me tomorrow for company and see how it goes.
Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada
http://www.curlystandardplace.com

6 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have been able to work at least one horse. I had meetings most of yesterday along with some preparation for a fundraiser we are having this weekend so didn't even get to put on farm clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A towny day! LOL - have to put in those days sometimes too eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now wait a minute! Don't you two go feeling sorry for yourselves when most of the rest of us have work that has nothing to do with Curlies!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right Susan - I am on my lunch break wondering when I will get time in with Linus today! Sounds like Joe is pretty lucky being able to get out. Good for you. I hope after tomorrow I can get Linus out away from ice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and here I am kind of wishing that someday I can take off my work harness and put on some towny clothes :) But maybe not necessarily to go for groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry all - we forget sometimes that we are living the dream :) Please don't get me wrong - most days I adore life on the farm, but it IS nice to get cleaned up and go to town once in a while..... after all, I used to work in an office!
    Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada.

    ReplyDelete