Sunday, November 27, 2011

Challenging Suri and myself

Today it was very windy so a good day to do some of the easier groundwork with Suri and see how she was with the quite strong wind.
Since walking over the tarp is easy for her and not really a challenge I put out the tarp in the wind with some stones on the corners. The tarp was really moving. Suri hesitated only a little but very willingly followed me over the tarp! I was proud. We did this several times. It also started to rain and since it has been dry all the time I did have any chance before to ride in the rain. I myself really dislike riding (or being out) in the rain but Suri was not bothered. I did not want all my tack to get wet (there is no good place to hang everything to dry) so I only put her bridle on and got on her from the mounting block. For the first time all the way bareback! She was great, we rode over the tarp several times, did nice halts and side passes but the 30 steps backwards is still a bit too much. We also found a puddle to ride trough so we were doing great! Afrter the ride I continued the groundwork. Going backwards with me next to her is a lot easier. We also checked out all the farm equipment, she was not bothered with everything flapping in the wind so I am very proud of her!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Jessica!! What a thrill to be going bareback on Suri. You guys are building such a fantastic partnership!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    This is wonderful news. Congratulations to you and Suri.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete