Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mr. Awesome!!

I haven't post for a few days but Linus and I have been busy! Working, playing and keeping in touch with our incredible team mates Dana and Marley.
We've increased our distance we are able to ride away from Allie and I have resumed riding bitless. I was using a bit as a security blanket for me while adjusting to riding english. I really didn't need to I guess since it has taught me that Linus goes better without one.
Monday was a bit of a rough day for me but I did manage to squeeze a really awesome ride and it was the highlight of my day. I was riding Linus in some new places and when we had done what I wanted I gave him the choice of continuing or stopping. He chose to continue and calmly walked between the tractor and flappy, tarp shed. Then instead of going wide around a pile of stuff he chose a narrow passage between the shed and a pile of scrap. So narrow that my boot knocked a piece of wood..he looked but didn't stir.
He also went to check out the heifers who were up by the barn. A couple of them were surprised and ran a bit. Linus was caught off guard but didn't freak out. He listened to my whoa and easy and we turned around to check them out again.
Tonight, we went back to that same place. He strongly let me know he wanted to go there so I let him. I was proud of him for wanting to revisit that spot. The heifers weren't there though and he kept looking for them.
Linus was quite eager today and was giving me such a beautiful, floaty walk. I love it when he does that. Its a real treat! And I was using the bareback pad so I could really feel it.
No cowgirl pics yet for you Harold but we will soon have them!!
Donna & Linus
Lunenburg, On

3 comments:

  1. Smart and curious! What a great guy you have there. Can't wait to see your cowgirl outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew you had a great cow horse Donna. Hang on to you cowgirl hat cause you have an awesome horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Linus sounds like a real nice Curly cow horse....we are all waiting to see if his rider is a cowgirl{:>
    Angie

    ReplyDelete