Friday, November 4, 2011

Raising the Bar...or Hoof!

Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I actually was happy to see rain...I was equally happy when it stopped! It started out a gorgeous day and then someone flipped a switch and it got cold, windy and rainy!
We did take advantage and had a very brief rain ride. It was cut short when I got a call that my boss fell down the stairs on her lunch break so I had to rush into work!
Which also meant work today and tomorrow so we have to squeeze our time a bit.
Tonight after work I was picking some tasks and while cleaning Linus' feet I decided to try all 4 from one side. He was awesome while I cleaned out both front feet from one side. The back was a bit trickier but we managed. What a great boy. He really seems to be mentally into this challenge. He waits at the gate every day once my car pulls in to see what we will do! He got very jealous tonight when I first untangled Allie's mane before his grooming. He quickly forgets though and nuzzles me.
I'm email posting so I can't place my photos but one is of the sunset tonight while we worked and the other was taken from the tractor yesterday to show Linus waiting to work (play!)even in the rain!
Oh and Angie, I hope you can now see how supercharged my super horse is!
Donna & Linus
Ontario

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Supercharge and human friend,
    Love the sunset photo....what great progress you are making...but Chester, too, was Super Curly Man and we picked all four feet yesterday{:>
    Can you send some rain to Texas so we can find a good puddle to play in{:>?
    P.S. Are you ready for our ride today at 4 pm?
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,
    The "link" to reply to your "Holden' Back" blog does not seem to work. But I wanted to congratulate you and Linus anyway.
    Actually, what Linus needs is a nice blue and green paisley scarf for Christmas. That way he will not have to borrow from your friend. Just ask him!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete