Sunday, November 20, 2011

quick trot out Sunday morning




getting ready for a "group" ride out - Zoe, Dominic and me.  Dominic and Winter Dancer joins the four contest girls (Zoe, Reverie, me and Sweets) for a 6 mile trot.

I wore spurs for the first time ever in my life today and Sweets went much better... she can be just a little bit lazy sometimes.  They are mild, but she listens.  That's a negative aspect of being a plodding lesson horse.




This is no pony... :) We had two rides today -- one "group" ride and then our ride with me later in the day.










We all trotted together most of the way.








Good friend and horsewoman neighbor Maya was out in her yard preparing for Thanksgiving.
We trotted up into her yard to say hi.









Along the way - we met up with an audience perched on a rock.  This is where the Halloween Ghoul resides.







Everyone had a chance for a pat and many questions.



























Cute little peanut monsters.





















Here in Vermont, there is no rule about Sundays off from hunting.












On the way home I spotted this rock -- since Susan and I now have a little rock war going on --- I had Sweets stepping up and standing on it .. almost got her to stand all 4 feet. Reverie had to try -- and Dancer and Dominic were quite exhausted so they passed on the tricks.


Not a particularly newsy ride -- but fun --  We did get out for the ride with me  -- post to follow maybe tomorrow.  We are working on a NEW place to ride.... hope the weather co-operates.

Betsy and Sweet Bee, Zoe and Reverie, along with Dominic and Winter Dancer.


5 comments:

  1. You guys always run into something different all the time!! Love the purple bridle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is all your snow? We have had snow now for about 5 or 6 days - watch for my post with my snow ride!
    Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having an Indian summer right now -- we did have snow... then it all melted - lots of rain and now it's fairly warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nine degrees here this morning and no snow. Looks like you had a very interesting ride,like your country side.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to get Ah-D to get all four feet on our rock.

    ReplyDelete