Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ride a friend's horse and learn 1 new thing{:>

Hello Curly friends, 

I asked my good friend, Leann, if I could ride Fly (note, remember his name) who is a great, grandson of Secretariat. Also, noting that I would need her to teach me one new thing. 

Well, I was so excited I put on a nice blazer, ear rings and a Jessica Simpson hair piece I've had in the closet for several years with no place to wear it. Even threw on extra eyeliner since I am getting a few bags around my eyes and red lip liner so I'd look good for my photo with Fly. 


After tacking and mounting Fly I jumped up and in the saddle. Yes, I could easily touch the stars. After the photo my friend Leann said, "go for it" and I will video tape you guys riding and then make suggestions for one new thing to learn."  Wow, Fly is so supple, smooth and automatic. You only have to think a thought and he goes with it. 

Feeling so confident I turn the barrel and he takes off...wahoo, I was not prepared for that gush of speed. Well, he is a winning, professional Barrel Racing champ and can really beat the clock. Leann shares that once a horse has been trained in a discipline, like Barrel Racing they will go back to it even if the rider is not ready when they see the pattern. Nope, when Chester and I chase cans we take a nice easy lope whereas Leann and Fly turn and burn in less than 14 seconds.{:>
But, the main thing that  my good friend Leann pointed out;  "don't wear a hair piece when you are running barrels...they fall out and you look stupid instead of like Jessica Simpson{:>" Aren't friends great?

Hugs from Texas, Angie

5 comments:

  1. Angie, you are hilarious with your makeup and blazer. You make me laugh. BUT I COULDN'T WATCH THE DANG VIDEO!!! I wanted to watch you whip around. You Tube tells me it's private. Jessica Simpson - I had no clue - I was thinking, sister to Homer Simpson??? I want to see that hairpiece. Leann sounds like a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Fly is beautiful! Bet it was fun! Love your look!!! Next time let's see the heels and gown come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,

    Jessica Simpson was the cute blonde who made lots of money when some folks thought she could sing and dance. She then made her mark as a fashion goddess... hence the coveted hair piece. She is now prego. So I thought we looked quite a lot alike as we both have "baby fat"{:>
    By the way the link works now{:>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, Fly is nice. But Chester is that special, once in a life time and always to be cherished horse. Chester is your friend. Fly was willing to serve you. But Chester is your good friend and helper. I am glad you have Chester!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that sounds great and sure a fun new thing to learn tris really fast barrel racing!

    ReplyDelete