Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"L" is for Linus

Another lunchbreak session today. They are really working in my favour right now! I think I mentioned before that I work about 3 minutes from the farm and have a 2 hour break.
Today we did backing through the L shape. I'm trying to push us a bit more with things I know he will do so I upped it a bit for us today by doing it with the bitless and bareback pad. It was our last ride in this bitless since Linus has now outgrown that too!
Anyway, it was really good for us to work at this and allowed me to really practice with my legs and seat. I set up the L with pool noodles which made it easy to hear if we stepped on one. If we did then we restarted. I began by walking him forward through the L from both directions. Then we backed it the first time from the outside where it was bigger. Once he got that we did it inside.
I have to add that we've been working on me mounting from the wooden box. Our first lesson took ten minutes. Today I was on in record time. He's pretty smart and has accepted that this is now how I get on because he's tall!
This afternoon, the other D in DD team and I were both having a slow afternoon at work. So we chatted via Facebook and together researched Cowboy Dressage. What a cool sport! Done to great music, the crowd is right into it and the horsemanship is superb! You can really see the horses enjoying it too!
We're supposed to have a few days of rain here and I don't think I have ever admitted that in the month of November,we need it!! (And not just for RAC points!)
Hope all the teams are having as much as DD is!!
Donna & Linus
Ontario

3 comments:

  1. You are on fire, Donna! I am so wishing for SNOW...we have had so much rain. Using pool noodles is a great idea!! Great job DD team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need rain here but we are ready for snow!! Well Owen and I are anyway. Thanks Denise! We're having fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of backing first around the outside of the L. Backing is not one of Ah-D's best things, so I will try this. Raining here today, and I hope to get in the rainy ride tonight after work.

    ReplyDelete