Sunday, November 27, 2011

More from Texas


Okay, I'm on a roll.  Did I ever tell you how much I love this curless Curly?  I'm OLD and feel quite safe in my bareback pad on Blossom.  I am upping the anti on her riding tasks from the required and do need a bit more work on sideways....she is great at sideways either way if we are moving towards the gate.  The barrels intimidate her a bit to the left.


Confidence for Blossom is improving which makes her safer to ride.  Here we are with a first attempt to chase the ball with me riding.  We have done this a few times from the ground but it is more fun from the saddle.
I gotta get this down if we are ever gonna chase cows....Hey Angie, are you ready?

4 comments:

  1. Diane,
    You and Blossom are sure doing good, solid work, you are doing it slow and right. I love to see that. Lyle and I have also started using the big ball. He is learning, as your Blossom did, to gently push it from the ground. Later he and I will do it under saddle as you and Blossom are doing now.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane,
    I love it....why yes mam, we're ready...have a little bull calf here named Ricky Bobby and he is a fast little fella.
    You are my inspiration....a bareback pad, you go lady{:>
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Blossom pushes the ball with her nose! GREAT training job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ya'll. I can hardly wait until Thurs. My fantastic friend and trainer is flying in for two weeks of horse play....Ya'll need to come on down.

    ReplyDelete