Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Queen of Carts in disguise ! the 7th wonder

Everyone always asks -- does Nimue go well under saddle. my answer... she did once. Maybe 3 years ago or maybe 4, I rode Nimue exclusively as my mount and she was awesome ! At that time I did not intend to make her a full time driving pony believe it or not.  I rode her everywhere through deep snow, up mountains, through thickets and streams.... then ~  I started driving her again and she evolved into the Mistress of Carts Supreme :)  TODAY.... Nimue is back on the trail and proved herself to be a woman of many talents.


Even before we got off the property, we met a few obstacles. Still making repairs from all our multitudes of downpours and repeated wash-outs.... Trucks and equipment all over.  We stopped to gossip a bit with the town workers.  Zoe's riding Nimue so I can get lots of photo's of her out and about.


The remainder of the month will most likely pertain to our team efforts.. so this will be my little off topic blog post.
Keri and I tried to video Nimue and her nice smooth trot down the road -- or rather I tried.. Keri had other ideas .. she knows when I am engaged in another activity. OK - let's get serious... Our second attempt shows Nimue's lovely trot out.




Here's the entrance to the trail we are taking today -- when I sneak between these two trees I think of Shelley... she pointed out one day after a blog post the No Trespassing signs :) 








I know I mentioned my favorite beech trees are bleak this season. I did find some nice color in here -- not the same as years past but still pretty.





I could not resist snapping photo's along the way -- along what I call the shores of Vermont beeches.











The snow and the sunlight on the trail was joyful.












This is almost what they call in Vermont a perfect portrait of 'stick season'-  if mud season is the fifth season -- then stick season is the sixth wonder ... usually, we enjoy this stick season sans snow cover and that lends a more monochromatic view to the landscape... leafless trees, little color, shadow and weak sunlight. Not so today.











Well, the universe is in celebration of the wonder of Miss Nims :)  She is just the veritable TRUE wonder pony.. the seventh wonder.





here is the video of the trail ride --


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zv2hJICFgA

After our quick trail ride, Zoe and I returned to the farm to start the First of the contest month with our  chosen steeds.... each wonders in their own right.  Photo's and video will follow tomorrow ! I tried to switch things up by choosing someone new and different again this year.  Of course, I still have to ride my sweet Keri to prevent her from becoming shriveled and stiff on these colder days - you know how we elderly need to keep moving to maintain :)  Stay tuned......

Enjoy ~

betsy and Keri and zoe and Nimue in Vermont



a little reminder -- this is what the beech looked like last year.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful with a Capital B....Betsy the Beech tree photo last year was gorgeous. Maybe it's just trying to hang in there after all the crazy weather we had this year.
    Ok, now the competition is really heating up with the Hill Top ladies...time to get serious.
    Hugs, to all,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nimue is awesome!! What a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the video of Nimue :) Very nice little Lady and a lovely trot indeed! And thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures! Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  4. She DOES look like she is enjoying herself! And you would think it would be a fun change for her. I always loved that pony!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise -- she did seem to have fun - had her ears forward and happy the entire time -- but she adores pulling that cart !! so I am not sure she is ever bored with it :)

    ReplyDelete