Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cowgirls Part II





Ready, set -- button...   northern Vermont style cowgirls today.






















After posing for a bit, we decided to remain in our cowgirl gear and try a few more tasks on the lawn.






You might notice we have tried new bits. Reverie is sporting a Tom Thumb with a copper roller.





Let's see if these contest girls can neck rein ....




Sweets and I are trying out a bosal for the first time,  for both of us.  The reins are not very authentic.. but -- the technique in using it was my "tip from a friend".




That huge tangle of yellow rope is our impersonation of a lariat looped around the horn of our saddle.



The two of us are deeply concentrating :)


For any of you who have watched the first Shrek --- the red cowboy boots made me feel like Lord Farquhar.. remember when they lowered him into his boots ? Even Sweets was unsure of those pointy toes.. she kept turning around to bite them.


I think I should have rung up the Texan Bluebell Angie for fashion advice -- do you tuck your jeans into the top or leave the jeans over ?

We schooled a bit with the neck reining on the lawn.





Then we headed down the road for more cowgirl foolery.










I'll add more adventures of the Vermont cowgirls in a later post -- for now.. enjoy -- Harold, we are expecting snow cover tonight.. the temps are dropping in the Green Mountains.

How do like Zoe's cowboy hat ?? These spurs are just for posing.. if Sweets wasn't fond of the red pointy toes she surely is not going to like these spurs.  I have them hanging as decoration on my barn wall.


Betsy and Sweets and Zoe and Reverie in Vermont

10 comments:

  1. Well Betsy I love the boots like the spurs and hat but really love the curls. Nice job ladies nice job, thanks
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great post to wake up to, wow. In true TOH form you two really rose to the challenge! I kept trying to figure out how to zoom in on Zoe's hat because it's so fabulous I wanted to get a better look. lol And those red boots..my oh my.. Betsy, I want some of those! AND I especially love the fringe!! After Angie's post I started hunting on ebay for a jacket like that! Anyway, you two are something else and so much fun. Thank you for putting in such effort. It sure brought a smile to my face this morning. And your curlies are stunning in their western gear and beautiful curl! Yeehaw!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS, DAHLING, FABULOUS! I really need to write LOL - because I actually did. I keep looking at the pictures, my you look fantastic. I love the expression on Zoe's face; you two had so much fun with this! That purple hat, the red boots, the fringe, and that poor excuse for a lariat - I really don't know what is the best part. I can just hear you two laughing. Ok, I think we are not only going to have a Rock War but a western fashionista war because my outfit was waaaaay too plain jane. I need to rise to the occasion. Where the heck did you find boots in Harold's color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, how do you like the bosel and how does your horse react to it???????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy,
    You rig up, fit and use the "bosal" thing in a way that I have never seen before. The way you have learned is completely different than what I have learned. Ed Connell's classic "The Hackamore Reinsman" explains the California way of using the bosal.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say my hat is a fancy HOT PINK that also sparkles-the pictures do not do it justice!!!!!! We had so much fun dressing up and I am so proud of Miss Reverie and how well she did with her western gear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reverie looks like she was born to be a western gal. She looks very proud and regal. So, that hat is sequined PINK, huh? Whatever it is, I am in love with it. I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my you two are such a hoot!! I am with Susan...now I have to take it to the next level with our outfits! And its been a week and I'm still searching for a big rock! Our old farm had the perfect one! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsy, I had to come back one more time to look at your great pictures now I will smile the whole day thinking about them. Thanks Happy thanksgiving.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ladies,
    I love your bling and Zoe I need to borrow that hat for the next barrel race{:>
    P.S. Wait till I tell Hank, Zoe, packs heat too{:>
    Angie

    ReplyDelete