Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday = Groundwork Again

~Susan and Didder in Maine~Here we are, decked out in our finest bright red and orange to do groundwork around the house and in the lower pasture.
This is where we practice side passing. Harold and Jedidiah were along for the practice. When I stopped to take the picture, Ah-D took advantage of the sweet green grass that grows behind the retaining wall.
I brought out a tarp today to practice with that again. He was pretty ho-hum about it, which is super!
We have this huge rock in our backyard, and after seeing Betsy and Keri posing on the stone wall, I thought...I wonder....
And, sure enough, he WOULD step up on it! Just like Keri, he wasn't in any hurry to get down. I was so proud of him!We had an audience for our trick! Later, I took him out for a short ride around the grounds. We neck reined around the trees in the yard and did our figure 8. Boy oh boy, was he UP and full of it. ( I think you might be able to tell that from his aura in the photo) I thought he might scoot right out from under me. Tomorrow is Sunday - NO HUNTING - so I am going to be up before dawn to feed up so that I can get in a nice ride before church and then in the afternoon, too. I might even squeak in another one at sunset, just because. That first ride in the morning, I can tell I am going to have my hands full o' Curly because he is raring to go!

5 comments:

  1. He's gettin' supercharged now too!! Linus was full of it today too!!
    Loved your rock pics!! That's awesome! He's such a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks great Susan, I love your last picture, he sure looks ready to go. I agree with Donna, supercharged:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan you must be very proud to be an owner of such a wonderful horse, he looks so gallent and proud. I think he as almost as neat as my Curly boy.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    Ah-D sure looks good. The rock does make a lovely pedestal. I do not know why, but horses really love standing on pedestals! They also love to stand on the pedestal, with either front or hind end, and move the other end that is not on the pedestal around the center that is on the pedestal. Try it. I think that it has something to do with them being able to get a slightly different view of the world.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete