Saturday, November 19, 2011

Trust in Suri

Today I rode for the first time out along the road and to the park alone without another horse (or human) to accompany us and I did so riding the barebackpad! This is not somthing I had planned but everything felt good so instead of staying on the grounds I decided to go a bit further, a few steps along the road. This also felt good so I went all the way to the park where we did some nice trotting! It was a lovely ride and Suri was great.
Still working on the challenges (we chose a couple of real challenges such as going backwards and opening the gate while riding) so we keep practicing and learning and having fun as we go!

I also had Voelie out today for groundwork, she did great with the barebackpad on and standing next to the mounting block. We also trotted in hand and she was generally very calm and willing today!

4 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    Suri and Veolie are really doing well. It is good that they both have you.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, this is GREAT news! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and I'm so glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo!!! Look at you go!! That was a brave outing with the bareback pad!! I love using mine. Voelie sounds like she's really trusting you more. Must feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I have such a nice barebackpad, it really has a 'seat' in it which makes it feel really secure. I felt really brave afterwards but while riding it just felt good!

    Voelie is indeed doing good. I can tell she has made another leap in her mental development, she seems a bit more mature again!

    ReplyDelete