Tuesday, November 22, 2011

She's hot :)

Well, not really, but she is bright red and her name IS *Flame, her full name is *My New Flame and she is a horse the I have been trying to start under saddle for at least a few years now lol - always seems to be some reason that she gets put on the back burner, but this year I am adamant she will be a riding horse!

*Flame is 5 this year - I started working with her when she was three and she was just about ready to ride when she got a bad abscess and after I finished doctoring that it was well into winter and I decided to leave it for the time being.  *Flame was bred at the time to *Sandman and so in the spring she had a lovely colt - she is a great mom!  But anyway, that meant I didn't get to training her that year..... The following year (last year), I was just way too busy with other horses and again she didn't get her training advanced too much.  She is bred again for next year - this time she is bred to my exciting new young stallion *BCF Icon (really looking forward to that baby!), BUT, I am determined that *Flame will be under saddle now, before she gets too advanced in her pregnancy...... well, I have now had two solo rides on her, so thank goodness, we are on our way!

Now, no one is around to take our pictures, but I will include a couple of her enjoying a treat after working and a couple of her from this past summer so you all can see how pretty she is :)





I will try to get someone to get a picture of me riding her very soon - but in the meantime - enjoy!
Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada
http://www.curlystandardplace.com

1 comment: