Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dedicated to Harold


Well, I have been mighty busy with Ah-D this weekend, and I took Harold along for the ground training
and for the riding. As you can see, Ah-D was absolutely entranced with Harold's picture. It was comical! He is very sensitive and notices when anything is different, and he just couldn't seem to take his nose off the laminated photo whenever he got the opportunity. Hmm....not sure if I should divulge exactly what ground work we were doing... :) But I will say that what is easy for some teams is not easy for other teams, so we are working on some of the challenges that are personally harder for us.
I took a few videos. I called Harold on the phone to share the Maine woods with him. His western weather wasn't anywhere near as nice as my eastern weather. Here's the picture of the sky that I promised.Beautiful! We still had some nice leaves, too - not a lot, but some.
I was riding with my teammate Angie, too! She had some wild wind for her ride. Hopefully, I was also riding with the B&Z team and the Double D team. I'm looking forward to reading all of the posts. Penny, sorry you couldn't make it out this time, but there will be another chance.
We rode through a ton of water, as usual. Look at the reflection of the trees in that mud puddle! We moseyed here and there, enjoying ourselves. Harold, hope you enjoyed the ride. I actually rode twice today, taking a second ride at 4:00 p.m. I will post about that one later, because it turned into a sunset ride. I didn't want to mess up other teams if they were heading out at 4:00, and it sure didn't break my heart to ride twice in one day. That's right, Donna, Angie and I can rack up the points, too! Speaking of points, too bad we can't double dip, because check this out... A gate and a mud puddle in one shot! We did a little gate practicing. :)
Ah-D was pretty darn frisky on this ride. He even gave me a spook once - like old times - at the canter. I stopped him, talked it over with him, turned him around and made him go back so we could do a 'do-over' of the same spot at the canter. Second time he was good, and there was no more funny business. He stayed full of "go" though! :)
I will leave you all with a beautiful scene. Have some great rides, Fellow RACers!

6 comments:

  1. it looks warmer there than it is here -- I'll post my photo's from the afternoon ride with me in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet to dedicate your ride to Harold!! Tom and I were with you all too - I just didn't take my camera! We rode from 2-5 so I think we were in the window of your ride. I loved your video and beautiful creek. It reminds me so much of our scenery here, I swear you could be out our back yard! your dogs are also so darling...so nice to have company on your rides. Thanks for sharing and I am SURE Harold enjoyed his ride with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Susan I enjoyed the ride, I'm a little bone weary this morning but had a great day, I really liked jumping the creek with you. Everything is bone dry here no mud at all and I liked the clear blue sky you had there as we were cloudy and very very windy here. Thank you so very much for the ride and Denise has to give me forty points for it. I had my dog out with me yesterday also and enjoyed it vert much.
    Thanks again Susan, by the way I had my cowboy hat on how about you
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had the same beautiful weather we did. Can't believe how many leaves still on trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan and Harold,
    It sure looked like a nice ride. Ah-D did well. The weather looked perfect. I really enjoyed the blue sky and its reflection in the water.
    Will join you two later, on another computer joined ride. Lyle and I are looking forward to it.
    I would love to have some of your nice weather, Susan. It is windy, very dark and over cast here, much hoarfrost and starting to snow.
    See you two later and Happy Trails to you both.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. 40 points Harold? I don't think so! We need your bum in the saddle and we are counting on it happening too! =] God's speed!

    ReplyDelete