Monday, November 14, 2011

What A Challenge It Has Been

What a November! I don't know if it is just me but daylight savings time has really got my timing messed up. Getting home when it is dark really stinks and has put a damper on things. I am thankful for such wonderful teammates Donna and Linus have been for challenging us to keep up with them :) When we have daylight we try to get the farm ready for winter so it is hard to find time to have fun. This past weekend the weather was great and I was able to get in several rides so I got a break from the work. I do feel abit guilty cause the rest of the family stayed working, which is why I don't have any pictures to share. A goal of mine for 2011 was to get Marley going on nech reining and was pumped to see it on the challenge. One of the rides we did I challenged myself to do the obstacles/challenges only with one hand and a relaxed rein with using my legs. I was very impressed with the outcome. Marley was such a good boy and it was pretty cool to see how far he has come in a year. I am very excited to see what next year brings cause you can only get better with time :) Our trailer is all cleaned out ready for winter and I loaded Marley in and out of it before we put it away, the look on his face was just so funny I wish I would have had a camera. He waited for me to come in the trailer to back him out but he looked around wondering why there was no shavings, no hay bag, and why am I in here. Getting out and working with him has been a blast and looking forward to the next time I am able to 'play' with him again safely (not in the pitch black of night)

Ride Safe, till next time (hopefully with pictures),
Marley & Dana

4 comments:

  1. You and Marley rock Dana!!! We're halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana,
    You and Marley make a good team. I think he is a good boy also.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana,
    You and Marley will be the reining champs{:>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget, everybody wins in these contests Dana! The early darkness wreaks havoc on me, too.

    ReplyDelete