Wednesday, November 2, 2011

We're Off !

After our outing into the beeches, Zoe and I returned to the farm to gather up our contest partners and formulate our game plan. We each picked out a horse that would benefit from the various tasks - and also was for sale -- hoping to also use the contest to help high light the horse.  These challenges listed by Denise are a great way to bond and well suited as little check marks of how well your horse listens to you with the opportunity for correction and learning by horse and handler. So this is exciting to put these particular mares to the test :)  and ourselves too !
For the obvious reasons pictured here -- I opted to skip the challenge of picking up all four feet from one side today.
Lots of mud with over a foot of melting snow on top = again , lots more mud.





 Zoe is working with Zoe's Day Dream - barn name Reverie - a 15.1 hh mare who has delivered 3 fine foals and is now under saddle. She's a great trail horse but these activities are going to be a great way to really fine tune her.







Reverie did not get the idea of 'back' at first but after just a few minutes of practice -- she has it fairly down pat.  Zoe is going to work with her some more for a better more controlled response from her.












My selected equine team mate is OYY Sweet Bee.  Love this girl :)


I have to post two photo's of us together - which I can do since I am the one writing the post





We call this little girl Sweets or Sweetles most of the time.... and doesn't she look so sweet here ?










We are both looking forward to this month of tricks ... I hope the weather holds out... we may be riding in the snow instead of the rain !

Betsy and Sweets and Zoe and Reverie in Vermont


4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Zoe & Betsy! I am just so thrilled to see you excited! =] Both of your mares did SO well! I loved it the videos! I am really glad some of you are taking the time to post, I didn't want to push for that for this challenge because I figured you would have enough to do in communicating and working with your equine and teammate. So such a bonus to see some of you out working it and what you are accomplishing already. FABULOUS!! *waving pom pons & cheering!* lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan....we have our work cut out for us....

    Seriously, great post and videos ladies...ya'll are really raising the bar and I love it{:>

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a team! I love your beautifully written opening paragraph. I was nodding as I read, agreeing with your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, Angie, we are ALL winners in this competition! Betsy and Zoe, what fabulous horses you have picked. Reverie is so big and beautiful, and Sweet Bee is adorable. Good luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete