Monday, November 21, 2011

Harold's Cowgirl Friends Part I



Mr. Harold Fairchild is much admired on this Ride A Curly blog, so a bunch of us decided to get together and pay a tribute to him by showing him that we are cowgirls at heart. We have been taking Harold along while riding by carrying his picture in our pocket, or laminated and attached to our clothing or saddle blankets, or by wearing Denise Conroy's brainchild, The Harold Button. If you look closely at the above pictures, you can see these three Cowgirls are wearing their Harold Buttons!Stay tuned for Harold's Cowgirls Part II and possible even a Part III and IV, because some of us have been photographer-challenged! For those of you that don't have a Harold Button yet but would like to join in the fun, here is the link to buy a button of your own:
http://www.zazzle.com/ride_for_harold_button-145331829484059188
(hope that works, it's the first time I have posted a link!) if not, just see our Fearless Leader Cowgirl Denise Conroy.

We (Susan, Denise, Angie, Donna, Dana, Betsy, Zoe and Penny) have been having a blast ramming around on our wondrous Curlies wearing our Harold Buttons.

Here is some news from Denise: "Harold, hope you enjoyed your ride here in Michigan! Sorry we couldn't take you on the trails, but those dag-nabbit hunters are all over like spots on a dalmatian! =] It was a beautiful calm, warmish but overcast day here today. Any grey sky turns blue when you are out on your favorite equines! We tried to make our arena riding fun by introducing some jumps - twirling around A barrel ( we only have one =]) and messing around with the bridge. I had to try out my new Black Forest treeless saddle today too. So you got a little bit english and a little bit country riding today! Warm thoughts to you and your family from Conroy's Curlies in Michigan."
As far as Angie goes, she can't wait for the teasing to begin! She has been wearing her Harold Button everywhere. She had to remove it when she took Chester through the tank pond because she didn't want to spill the beans, but now all bets are off and you can bet she is going to be taking you along on her RAC rides, so hang on to your cowboy hat, Harold! p.s. doesn't that fringe on her jacket look nice on her!
As far as I am concerned, I have Harold to thank for joining the RAC. Quite a few years back, I happened upon this blog during its first year of publishing, and I was totally captivated by a rancher cowboy Curly breeder who was riding and camping in the Badlands each year with his brothers. It was amazing to me to be able to experience what it was like to ride out west from this character Harold who had first hand experience seeing buffalo on the range up close and personal. His storytelling made the current west come alive for me. Thank you, Harold for becoming my friend and entertaining me with your stories and wit!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent part 1 ladies!...I mean cowgirls!! We're gearing up for part 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Susan I think you have me speechless for a minute. Rainee thought it was great.
    What wonderful curls on the horses, I hope you didn't shoot anybody.
    Thank YOU all.
    Harold and Curly boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, I didn't shoot anyone, but my photographer (my 17 year old son) quipped, "Mom, why are you shooting at the neighbors?" Stay posted, because there are more Cowgirl Friends coming. Speechless, eh? I didn't think that was possible. ;)Glad Rainee like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I'd call Harold being speechless a slam dunk wouldn't you?? =] I agree, I can't wait to see what the other girls have been up to!!

    ReplyDelete