Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What a Motivator!

I love challenge months because they keep me motivated and they keep our training fresh!! I don't like getting stuck in a rut! Neither does Linus it would seem! Yesterday he followed me as I drove the tractor back and forth past his pasture while feeding the cows and putting out hay. It was funny to watch. Their pasture is kind of L shaped so at one point he loses sight of me but runs up to the front to catch me when I go up the driveway. (I snapped that picture from the tractor.) Then he waits at the gate watching and waiting so we can do something! Its so nice knowing he loves what we do!! He is loving riding in new places!! So am I. Its bringing our trust to the next level.
I think our next task will involve some cowgirl practice for Harold.....

4 comments:

  1. I see you still have green in your neck of the woods Donna, starting to turn cold and white here. You can't keep putting off til tomorrow as I'm getting older, If you put a cowgirl hat on while your riding don't tell Denise she will get mad at me and takes points away from me.Ride safe. women need to protect their heads.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, you have the best relationship with your horse!!!! I bet Linus would do just about anything for you, including be a cowpony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol we'll soon find out how he likes being a cowpony...maybe we should rope some steers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got em Donna, come on down to Texas{:>

    ReplyDelete