Monday, November 28, 2011

One Day at a Time





Last weeks weather was so nice that even the stomach flu couldn't keep me from mustering up the strength from getting out and spending time with my horses. So being at home sick left me time to get outside when I could during the warmer hours of the day to hop on and tackle some obstacles :) First Marley and I did the leading across the tarp, I just laid it out in the horse pen and put some rocks on it to hold it down and the other 2 horses had to come and check it out and play as well. Next I hopped up bareback, cause I didn't have the physical strength yet to muster up the western saddle. This is also only the second time riding bareback and I am really starting to enjoy it! I had my son help me drag out the bridge. Larry was kind of funny, in the picture this was all the closer he would get to it. Looks like I have some work to do with him as well :) Then we worked on more neck reining (this way I could hold on to some mane too!) We even did alittle bit of slow trotting until I couldn't handle it anymore. By the end my legs where really sore and could tell I could do some more bareback riding for strength :) As you can see now from the pictures that all the snow we had the week before is now all gone again. Harold I hope you enjoyed your bareback ride :)


Marley & Dana

4 comments:

  1. Dana,
    I did not realize how just plain handsome Marley is! Wow. It looks like he was watching out to keep you on his back where it is warm and safe. Glad you are over the flu now.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you rode your horse while you had the flu. And, did you give it to me? I feel LOUSY and just bummed a sleeve of saltines off a co-worker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if I passed the bug along to you Susan...Hopefully you feel better soon! It was slow going and had to rest abit cause food just wasn't appealing at all so I got tired easily. But I couldn't be in bed with such great weather!

    Thanks Penny for all the compliments on Marley. He handsomeness is what really drew me to him, that I had to have him :) Only thing is when I got him he had such a longer thicker tail. He keeps getting it caught in things and tearing it out. If I find anywhere there is hair, I duct tape it :) When I am up there on his back he is definately feeling me...he is trying to pay attention as best he can what I am doing back there and is really causous and I love that about him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana all I have to say about bare back riding is ow ow ow ow!!!!!!!!!! I use to try it but my horses the tighter you squeeze the faster they run the faster they run the tighter I squeeze then fall off. This old cowboy needs a saddle.
    Like the picture of you and your horse standing looking at the camera awesome pair don't you think??? Don't bame you for loving him. I love all of mine especially Curly Boy.. Be proud stay safe.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete