Monday, November 28, 2011

Not a Cow in Sight


I just can't believe that Donna thinks that just because she and her Curly work cows, that makes her a Cowgirl. Honestly, isn't it ALL ABOUT THE CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES? The priorities of some people!
I figured I couldn't beat a sequined pink cowboy hat, so I went for a more authentic look. You can see my awesome chaps, cowboy boots, black lariat, black saddle to go with the chaps, bling on Didder's bridle, cross earrings, Harold button and picture, and Harold's favorite color for the saddle blanket. I have all that cowgirl gear on...too bad I was wearing Indian underwear (you know, the kind that creep up on you). Oh, and don't forget the trusty cowdogs! The chaps are actually my biker chaps. Betcha didn't know I am also a biker chick and a cougar to boot. And here's a story about buying my chaps. My husband Dana and I were in the mall at Christmastime, and we were admiring the leather. He offered to buy me a pair of chaps for our anniversary (Dec 21st), so I went up to the sales associate, and she says, "What size?" I have no clue, so right in the aisle of the mall with about 100 people around she kneels in front of me, spreads both her hands around one of my upper thighs and yells out, "EXTRA LARGE! I DON'T KNOW IF WE HAVE ANY OF THOSE IN STOCK." Honest to God, true story.
Here are some outtakes. My trusty cowpony has decided there's been enough fooling around and it's time to head out while I am aiming my gun. Whoa, Boy, don't you know this is a photo shoot?!! Get your priorities in order!
Look at him here. He's just waiting while I gather all my accessories. He has the patience of Job.Just look at that sweet face!
What's this I see, off to the right? Could it be our next discipline?
And last but not least, I felt so bad when I saw this picture of little Aaralyn, so excited but waiting obediently in anticipation - because it was SATURDAY morning when this photo shoot took place - the very last day of rifle hunting season - and afterwards I put all the dogs in their kennels, donned bright red and orange and headed up the road. They did get to go with me Sunday, though. Oh, and I must say a big thank you to my photographer this day, my daughter Nicole. My family has been totally supportive of me in this Cowgirl adventure, even my non-horsie husband Dana. They all have been looking at everyone's pictures and wanting to know Harold's reaction to all this. Can't wait to see RAC-Dana's pictures!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, you have outdid yourself this time, but I just learned something new, I didn't know you wore pants under chaps. Learn something everyday. I really like you pictures very impressive I must admit. Admire the dogs, used to have one that went with me all the time horse back riding. AhD must be a great horse, very understanding. Hope the gun is loaded just in case you see a bear.Don't get tangled in the rope did that one time, thought I would die. The cow got away also. I chased a buffalo one time out in the Badlands, I could see you all dressed up doing that. What fun.
    Stay healthy enjoy your life keep tight fences and don't forget , forgive your enemies, it messes up their heads.
    Harod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the 2011 RAC year focused more on a western theme, I think it's so appropriate as we reach the end of the year to see all these VERY cool cowgirl posts!! I just love your dogs, Susan. Keep up the great work girlfriend! As usual AHD is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too hilarious!! maybe we could have driven my entire herd if I would have had more bling and accessories eh? Lol, I'm sure that's why the real cowboys were so good on cattle drives!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got the idea now, Donna. Maybe you could use Harold's idea and ride chaps sans jeans? Now THAT would be interesting and I bet you'd get a lot of work done. What do you think, Harold? Denise & Harold, I find I like the chaps and will wear them regularly through the winter (except when I am at drill team practice).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    Hello....you need to come to Texas and we can help you with some critters to round up....
    Ok, so where do you shop, sweet pardner, oops, I mean Biker Chickie?

    P.S. You Didder is an angel and thinks you are a saint...what a great friend{:>
    Angie

    ReplyDelete