Saturday, November 5, 2011

words can not describe...



Words can not describe (but I will try) my feelings on November 2, 2011, when I took the lines and climbed in the cart to drive my OWN curly driving horse!

I can finally blog about my journey of driving my very own curly....*C-C SkyBlue Dun Legacy and I are a team....we started our journey, her at the trainer, and me taking private lessons....and then, this week, it was all put together, now we work as a team from here on out. Legacy has been in training for 3 continuous months, plus a month before that..and we are now to the point that her and I can go for a drive together. According to my trainer, the "average" time he spends training a driving horse is 6-9 months...quite a financial commitment and certainly a large commitment of time. But..Legacy has been a stellar student, and here we are, 4 months down the road, and ready to brave this new world of driving! Next week I will be driving her in my own harness and cart, and I will soon bring her home....Legacy is a fine example of our breeding program, a solid, tractable, capable mind....and, as they say.."not bad to look at" either! Legacy, you are my DREAM horse !!!!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Linda, the smile on your face says it all.
    Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel and its thrilling!!! Congrats! You are a beautiful team...what a smart horse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too awesome Linda -- love your smile there - I can SO relate to this thrill !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, Congratulations. Your Legacy is a nice mare. May you both have a long and good partnership.
    Sincerely, Penny Johnson, Bonners Ferry, Idaho USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gals, ever since I had a pony at age 7, I have wanted to drive...now I am driving my very OWN curly.....wooohoooo !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A photo is worth a thousand words, then that smile is worth a million, congrats and safe trails. Karalee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that smile!!! Linda, my heart just leaps for you as I know how long you have wanted this!! AND on one of your own "raised" and "bred" curlies. What satisfaction you must have. And I agree..what a BEAUTY!!! Thanks so much for sharing this happy moment with all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete