Monday, November 28, 2011

Cowgirl Pictures, Minnesota Style

Better watch out cause us Northern girls know how to ride'em, rope'em and now shoot'em! So Thanksgiving Day was just beautiful and finally I had a photographer at home! So before the turkey dinner I set out on a mission to get these photos done. I had a fun time with them and was only able to choose a few or I would hog up the whole blog with them :) I love it when Marley starts to get his winter coat, I love that crushed velvet look to him, and the feel of it. Took Marley out back to our pond in the pasture for the best backgrounds for fall. I need to share this little bit about doing the pictures. So we live right along a major state hwy and where we chose to do the pictures was right along the hwy and for a few pictures I was aiming right at the hwy. I could just see the looks on some of the peoples faces as they drove past, I could just imagine what they where thinking! I was able to get one picture with Larry (on the other side of the fence) along with my trusty cow dog, Dixie. So along with the photos we where able to incorperate a few challenges too. I have never shot a gun, riffle, anything with amo in it in my life. So for giggles while I rode, my husband went to the house and got some bullets and set up a barrel with cans on it it and after we put Marley away gave me some shooting lessons. One thing I have learned is that looking through a scope, isn't that easy, and you can't breath while trying to aim. It took me several shots but I did hit a can and it went flying! Harold, I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them :)



Marley & Dana along with the rest of our Wild and Wooly Gang :)

10 comments:

  1. Dana,
    What do you mean you shot a can! Here I thought you were going out to get the Thanksgiving Day turkey.
    Thanks, I enjoyed the ride. Harold was along with you. But I was along right behind Harold.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning pictures Dana....I still think you look like Terri Clark in them!! Love it "pardner"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, EXCELLENT! I love your style. Your horse looks wonderful in his curly coat, too. Marley seems quite unconcerned; what a great guy he is! I think I need to learn to shoot a gun, too. Quite a few years back, we had a rabid skunk go after our Border Collie and then he ran right up my Morab Magic's leg. Thank God they both had rabies shots, but he went after my husband too, so he had to have the series of shots. We had to keep Magic and the dog locked in the barn for a month and my husband had to do chores. I'm just saying, it's a good idea to have that skill because you may need it someday. I need to take my own advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, The pictures are great or should I say fantastic, what a cowgirl shoots too. Wow. Yes how could I not enjoy the picturs also love your chaps Proud of your horse wonderful curls.
    We did have some weird weather for Minnesota turkey day. I would have to say you done Minnesota proud Eh ??????
    Your neighbor Harold

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that I think it is a good idea to learn to shoot a gun or something so you can take care of the varmits if need be. I just rely on the men of the house to do it :)

    I am very greatful to be riding with such a wonderful group of people. I am hoping to keep something going so we all don't loose touch with each other next year. Heck Harold being I hear you are going to be back up in the saddle next year, should make it a point to get together and ride!

    Thanks again for the compliments :) You make me blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you look serious, Dana! GREAT job! Marley is just lovely and such a great team mate for you! I don't know about anyone else, but I'd say you are ready to audition for America's Favorite Trail horse, 2nd season!!! Look at that awesome belt buckle too. Love the chaps! =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise you brought up that America's Fav Trail Horse, I have been thinking long and hard about trying out for it, but I think we still have work to do :) I won that buckle 10 years ago now to be exact, it has been the only one that I have ever won. It was in Horsemanship. The chaps I stole from my hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahoo, lady you do look like Terri Clark{:> Love the photos of you and Marley (who is so handsome in his winter coat)...all I can say is I'm glad to be friends with those cowgirls from Minnesota 'cause it looks like you know how look straight down that long barrel and pull the trigger at any varmint that crosses your path....hugs, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who is Terri Clark???? Dana is beautiful and looks like....Dana. She doesn't look like Jessica Simpson. I seem to be out of the Beautiful People loop. Harold, got your message and, nope, didn't lock my husband in the barn, but he sure was pissy about having to do my horse chores for a month. (It might have been better if I DID have to lock him in the barn, if I remember correctly.) I was pregnant at the time, and luckily it was my vet that delivered the bad news to him about the chores...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Susan, She is a great country singer, and I think Donna said she is Canadian. I should try that locking my hubby in the barn so he has to do my chores for me all the time :)

    ReplyDelete