Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tack changes!

Boy are tack changes getting old!! I think my Bitless has sold. I tried the side pull hackamore again today and it went really well. But I dint know how well that will work for us long term. I'm on the last holes and there is no room for more on the chin!! But a longer curb strap could fix that.
I set up two small tubs today to practice the figure 8 at a walk. We haven't done much work like this so it was good to do. After a few 8's Linus caught on. I think he found it really boring though! We will keep practicing at a walk and maybe by month end I will have decided whether or not to try it at a trot.
Through a concersation with Susan I have realised how important all the groundwork we do really is. I do it just for something to do with a young horse! And that's why I started it in the first place. It was easy on the body things to do with a weanling. It never felt like work and now its proving to have been so useful!!
Have fun all!
Donna & Linus

1 comment:

  1. Donna, You and Susan are right. Ground work is really important. I have sure come to appreciate this fact lately.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete