Monday, November 21, 2011

Chester masters Agua

Hey Good morning Curly Friends,

Chester and I rarely need to cross water on our trail rides as we have had so little of it this year. We are working on creating new 'tanks" as they are called in Texas as water is a real concern or lack of it for us in the Lone Star State.

But, having this competition with our Curly friends up North who have beautiful creeks and clear running streams has made us kick it up a t notch. We have two tanks that collect water on our ranch. We do not use it for water for our animals as it is not clear running. Instead it is quite slimmy and muddy. I have been worried about crossing it as I am unsure of the footing and do not want to jeopardize my wonderful Curly man. But, the fear of losing this competition made me gather the courage and ask my good friend Clint to wade through it so that Chester and I were safe. (Have I told you how wonderful my friend Clint is?)

So here you go....Chester masters Agua at Golden Curls Ranch


Angie and her fabulous Curly man and good friends in Texas

10 comments:

  1. Angie, I took a look at your vidio and I missed the hat but a good cowgirl wood have led her horse through the water the first time. You know rolled up your pamts and wadded in, Susan would have I just know she would

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look GREAT, angie. Never mind Harold -- he is just jealous that he doesn't look that good in fringe. =] We'd actually like to see that demonstrated by you and Curly boy, Harold....=] Angie Chester is fabulous and I think he is so gorgeous! I just loves his build. GREAT job! ANd most of all I love your laugh...you are having a great time and that's what it is all about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Denise, I look awesome in fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ya'll, Harold I did have my cowboy hat on earilier I just did not want it to get wet- hehehehe...Chester and I have been working on this since the first of the month and I am so proud of him...especially knowing the size of the turtles and catfish that live in that tank..you know everything is big in the Lone Star State{:>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise,
    Thank you, Chester is just the perfect size for me. I have been working closely with Dr. Mitch Wilkinson and have Chester's DNA ancestral markings. His top three markers are; Irish Breeds,Western European Warmblood and Criollo. Researching Crillo was fun and fits his personality. They are smaller in size and bigger in spirit{:>
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job Angie...great laugh!! Chester is such a good and willing boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie,
    You and Harold look nice in fringe! And Chester looks good in anything, even a slimy pond.
    Sincerely, Izzy, aka Penny
    P.S. Harold, this coming Tuesday it is supposed to be a little warmer, up to 42 degrees and raining. So you and I will do a ride in the rain. Wish Lyle, and me also. I have had a BAD reaction to the valtrex and am just now getting back on my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie,
    When you do have to cross a slimy and unknown pond here is what I have learned from when I did irrigation field work. Wear wading rubber boots and carry a stout wooden staff in your hand, about 5 ft. in length. Use the staff so that you are a tripod when wading. This three leggedness is very stable. And if anything disputes your ownership of the pond you can use your staff to discourage its advances.
    Izzy, aka Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this advice, Penny. Angie, you go Girl!!! I posted a video for you earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angie, I went and looked at the tape again and I will have to wear my jacket with the fringes just like yours but I hope Denise don't expect me to giggle like that, I would hurt myself. He did an awesome job in the water but I didn't see any turtles or sharks.
    Izzy's friend Harold

    ReplyDelete