Saturday, November 5, 2011

Philippe Karl or Help Is On the Way

Dear Reader,
There are times when help comes from out of the blue. But it is still true and honest help. A very kind lady wrote to me by email and explained how I can help Lyle to over come his rollkur training. This lady explained the way that Philippe Karl, a classical French dressage rider and teacher, would re-school Lyle so that he could move with joy and lightness.
Today I started to ride Lyle in the way taught by Mr. Karl. Later I will buy and study his book, "Twisted Truths of Modern Dressage." I will put Mr. Philippe Karl's teaching into practice to the best of my ability.
I am thankful that there is now hope. Pictures tomorrow showing how Lyle and I do.
I can not find words to describe how thankful that I am that a person who had nothing to gain took the time to help a horse named Lyle, not to mention his human.
Sincerely,
Penny Johnson
P.S. Denise, you were right, there really is so much good out there.
Si

3 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Wonderful...please share with us your progress.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,
    Thank you. I will share as I continue to learn. Mr. Philippe Karl teaches to use the reins in a gentle and consistent upward motion when ever the horse disappears or curls into a rollkur frame. Also to avoid all pulling back motions. The arms are held in a way that enables the gentle upward motion. I rode Lyle this way as a test yesterday. Will ride him again today in the same way. As I learn how to use my hands and the reins in the way that he teaches to correct this rollkur vice, I will share here. I wish to write that I am NOT a trainer. I offer NO training advice. I can only tell what I am doing, including my mistakes!
    Sincerely,
    Penny
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny!!

    Just stumbled upon your blog! I am proceeding in the same experiment on my blog with Mr. Karl's teachings being applied to a previously 'german schooled' horse.

    I have been to his clinics and the man is truly a wonderful human being. If you ever have the chance to see him in action, I strongly recommend you do. =)

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete