Friday, November 11, 2011

New Bridle...

I hate posting on top of the amazing posts before mine but I suppose the blog must go on! Mine is not nearly as interesting but I had fun!!
While out today I stopped in at a tack shop I had forgotten I'd be passing. I visit my grandmother's grave on Remembrance Day to lay my poppy there so it completely slipped my mind! But a bit of retail therapy was perfect and I bought Linus a new bridle! We tried it out tonight with the bareback pad. I was again impressed with my mounting time! I think that has really clicked for Linus. We didn't ride long but practised our 8's again! We're a third of the way through November and I'm really pleased with our progress!
I love challenge months. They give that extra bit of determination! I can now bridle Linus at the gate instead of haltering first and walking him out. He's always so eager to play! He loves that it was windbreaker day for me because he pulls the toggles down on the bottom of my coat!
We did a lot of just ground playing tonight. The conversation with Susan made me want to keep up with it even more! I really do enjoy it.
When I finished up I was walking the perimeter of the horse pasture checking the fence and water tank...Linus followed me the whole way around even though I was on the outside. When I jogged, he trotted. When I stopped and went the other way so did he. When Allie stepped in front of him with her tail up because she's in heat, he turned and ignored her to keep up with me! Boy was she offended!!
Its so much fun to just "play"!
Donna & Linus
Ontario
(Team DD)

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for the top....I emailed that to me instead of blogger and can't edit on my mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tack stores! Send us a picture of the new bridle. We have been practicing on our 8's too, and standing still when mounting needs to be revisited every so often with Didder, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlin' Donna,
    Life is always fun when you've got a Curly friend{:>

    ReplyDelete