Friday, November 11, 2011

Last Sunday's Sunset Ride with YOU!











My Sunday evening Ride With You was spectacular! The air temperature dropped about 20 degrees in the time it took me to repair the dog pen (in between rides), and I was astounded to see how this was really evening, not late afternoon, because of the time change. The long shadows and slanted light was beautiful.

I wore my Harold picture again, to bring him along and brought along a couple of black dogs – the ones that are so crazy about coming along that they would have thrown a fit had they been left behind. Note to self (and others) – do not ever pin Harold and Jed straight under my chin because they can flip up at the gallop and blind my vision! I put them at an angle once I learned this interesting fact. Next time, Harold, I think you are going to be on my back. :)
I think Ah-D was a bit shocked that we were going out AGAIN!! And did his fake pee act at least 4-5 times before this dumb human realized that he was playing me for a fool. Then he became kind of jumpy. (If one thing doesn’t work, try another) No worries, yes, it takes me a while but eventually I figure it out. Remember, the Maine Gaines Team is BLONDE, no offense, Angie.
I know I sound like a broken record, but I sure do appreciate the beauty that surrounds me. The setting sun, the moon appearing, and eventually the sunset and moonglow accompanied us. What a delight.
Ah-D and I worked on neck reining and backing up smoothly, but he was in no mood for this sort of thing. He wanted to sprint. I made him neck rein and back up anyway, but I lowered my expectations and stuck firm with my requests. I have discovered that he neck reins WAY, WAY better with the curb bit. Or maybe he was just into doing what I was asking when I tried it. Stay tuned.
Thanks for joining us on the Maine version of this ride! ~Susan and Didder plus Angie and Chester~

3 comments:

  1. Well Susan as usual we had a great ride and the scenery was breathtaking, just awesome, God's artwork I would say. By the way Jed and I are sorry we didn't mean to get in you face.
    Thanks again for the Maine ride, haven't heard how me and Jed (grandson) did down in Texas yet.
    Harold just a grinnin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie is dancing as fast as she can right now and will post as soon as she gets the chance. She is glad you are not mad at her for her woopsie re: your SON Jed and I can see you are still making fun of her about it. Isn't it just so incredibly beautiful all around us when you take the time to stop and take a look? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan you don't at all sound like a broken record...you do have stunning scenery...and a cunning curly! What a character!! Love your team name btw! ; )

    ReplyDelete