Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New Addiction!!

Wow, what a day!!! We had lots of snow last night and this morning! Linus and I Love the snow!! Last year we played in it a lot and did loads of ground driving in it because it was just for something to do together!! Actually we had so much fun I plan to do the same again this winter! But anyway, today was our first ever ride in the snow!! It was short because I had to get back to work, but it was long enough to be very exhilirating!!! I felt like my batteries were freshly charged after it! I gave Linus big hugs and told him how awesome he was.
Even in this weather he was waiting at the gate and snuffling to me as I went by. I really was tight for time so literally ran up to him with the bb pad and hackamore but he was ready! He shoved his head into it-was too funny!
We trotted around in hand first so he could do some bucking and farting but then he was good and ready to go.
Head and ears up the whole time and a nice light forward walk. We even had a beautiful little trot!
I know some people hang up their tack for the winter but I could never do that. I love it! My horse loves it! So Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!!!
Donna & Linus
Snowy Lunenburg in Eastern Ontario!

8 comments:

  1. Way to go Donna!!Must have been a very good ride. Keep your snow I want to make it through Turkey day without.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linus looks good in the snow. It always amazes me how a curly horse will look so much darker with the white back ground of the snow.
    And the bareback pad helps to keep you warm. Good idea.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Ulla always put up her tack late fall, but I think I have influenced her enough to create a Winter Ride Convert. We have snow here, too, very blustery! I took a short spin, get this, with my bareback pad! Great minds think alike. (I'm referring to Didder and Linus)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! It was nice with the bareback pad...I think I'm preferring it on these short rides to a saddle! When I'm brave enough I will do a trail ride with it!
    I don't mind keeping the snow Harold. I love it...just dug out my "special boots"...hope my button comes soon! Prob Dec 1st!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, there was a skiff of snow here this morning I blame you. Happy thanksgiving and eat a lot. Looking forward to a winter wonderland ride.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna,
    I hear a "flying dismount" is much easier on one's booty in the snow? Please do not try and find out for me={: I was only asking...love your addiction{:>
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, you are not the only one who is nuts about riding in the snow. Just ask our fearless leader Denise. It's her favorite season in which to ride!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol. Susan is right about me loving the snow. (fearless is debatable! lol) I am so jealous to see all the white stuff! We only got a tiny dusting a week or so ago! Keep up the great work Donna..you and Linus are awesome!

    ReplyDelete