Tuesday, November 29, 2011

No frizzies here just beautiful curls as Chester and I ride in the rain

Hello Curly friends, 

Yep, it's been a hard, dry summer and like Donna I have been doing a rain dance down here in the Lone Star State. I am convinced Mother Nature has a sense of humor 'cause every time a bit of rain comes our way it slides on by without a drop to wet our chapped lips. 

I'd about giving up when out of no where comes a sprinkle, then two. I would have never noticed it if I'd not been cleaning out stalls and heard the drops on the metal tin roof. I quickly put down my pick and went out to see Chester. Now, we have had a few false alarms before so Chester was thinking; "yeah right blondie, just about the time you get me tacked up it will stop raining". But, being the wonderful, amicable, Curly, gentleman that he is he said sure why not let's give it a try. 
Why it was wonderful...look at the photos of the sky. It was as if Mother Nature decided to bestow a wonderful gift to us. 
It was just me and Chester sharing this wonderous moment so the photos were taken by me....but I can tell you without a fact Chester's mane does not friz.....me, well, I'm not so lucky{:>

Angie and her Chester Man in the Lone Star State

P.S. This was the first shower of rain, we have since ridden a few more times in the rain....so Donna, catch, I am sending the rain up your way{:>

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Angie it has arrived and now things are very muddy! I'm taking a big swing - WHAP! - and sending it to Dana!
    Funny with the hair. I made the mistake of straightening mine last week when we had snow. After shovelling the post office walkway I had a full head of curls!! More than my horse will ever have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Ah-D and I have the frizzies. Raining here today, too, won't be much left of the snow, that's for sure. So, Angie, count your rain rides do I need to saddle up and ride again tonight in the rain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,
    Chester is beautiful. The rain is even more beautiful. Lets hope that the drought is over. Lets hope that you and Chester have many more rides in the rain to celebrate.
    Sincerely,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dagnabit Angie, I just started raising beef again cause youi guys were drying up now my prices will go down, but I'm still glad you got rain,my hair don't frize either, I thinking about getting a haircut year after next and don't forget no matter how deep the water in the well is it's still wet.
    Harold and dry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep,
    We folks in Texas cannot stand to lose our prized cattle so we all geared up for a rain dance. Still, not all parts are getting rain so there are some good deals out there.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete