Friday, November 11, 2011

Pleasure trot and the Pink House

Wednesday, we decide to give our team mounts a break from working. The weather has been warm for them, since up until now we've had very cold temperatures and snow.  Last trip, the girls did a lot of trotting and came home two tired tots. They can perform ground work, but long rides are scheduled every other day.  Keri and Splash get to go out together ! Monday, we took a fun ride with these two plus Elektra with a friend.. Keri was in heat that day and it seems she still is a bit flirty.

Here's where we are headed - up this mountain.


Cross the highway












to get on the trail








We are planning to get Sweets and Reverie in here ~ lots of fun stuff to do.  This is the second trail we bring newly saddle trained horses, so they can get a taste of crossing the highway and walking in this brook.








I waited until we reached our destination to snap any more photo's -- Here we are at Stellafane, where my favorite pink house is located.








By now I don't have to tell you readers -- I am in love with a good view.










How peaceful is this ?  Strong sun, your favorite horse and a gorgeous view ....






As I said -- the view through the ears of your best steed is always beautiful



Keri and I on top looking down.





















I zoomed in on the cabin... You can see the roof of this cabin from my farm, especially in winter when there is snow on the roof.

You can ride to the cabin - but there is not much lawn -- it's perched right on the edge -- big drop off from the porch.















The "Pink House"   part of Stellafane.

This mountain top is owned by Stellafane for their observatories and star gazing.  People come once a year for their annual convention from all over the world.











We do some posing photo's ~ This is Splash's first time at the Pink House.












Here's the cute sign -- a little man looking through a telescope.  That's their logo.







There is a sturdy wall surrounding the pink house and I had the idea-- I wonder if my mare will just carefully step up there and stand ?

She did !!    So I had Zoe take a few shots to memorialize this trick :)






Actually -- she was pretty pleased herself and would have stood there all day !

When I gently cued her to step carefully up -- I was a little afraid she would just step and continue hopping over -- with the sizable drop on the opposite side I was not thrilled with the possible outcomes... but she was a real champ. So she made my day ~






This is the old observatory -- which they don't use anymore except for tours and for historical significance.   They have a big one now -- which  at this moment is the largest operating one of its kind in the world. Neat !









On the opposite side of the pink building is the huge sun dial.


According to my watch -- this dial is spot on !



More posing....














Time to head home -- we trot out the back route for something different.





Down the leaf littered trail

























A little beech grove -







What a great ride !  Isn't it so great how a trip with your horse can so rejuvenate your soul ?


Enjoy ~  Betsy and Keri and Zoe and Splash


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Betsy, I never tire of your amazing rides and equally amazing views. You live in such beautiful country. You and your mighty steed look beautiful posing on the stone wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ride! Man you guys live in a beautiful spot! I'm addicted to your spectacular views too so keep em coming! Love your posing pics!!!

    ReplyDelete