Monday, November 7, 2011

Sunday's Cyber ride



Today, we saddled up to take part in the ride with me part of the contest. I need to sit down and take a close look at my camera so I can use the timer like Susan and Shelly do... we had to take turns here taking pics of rider and horse. As you can see -- a little monkey is joining us today. He is not an RAC member but he's in some of the photo's. Zoe's son - age 8 - Dominic riding out on Job. Dominic's first trail ride.




Here's the one Dominic took of me and Zoe -- Sweet Bee is not giving the nicest face... she really is sweet and pretty... honest !!








Down the road about a mile and a half.










Enter the trail at Shelly's No Trespassing sign.


Zoe and I took turns with the same camera-- so some are of Reverie from the rear -- some are of Sweets from the rear :)







I think we have less leaves in the woods than Susan does in Maine.


We forgot to bring the cell phone numbers with us or we would have each made some calls to our other cyber trail mates.






Yesterday was a very sunny day -- but by now -- the sun is beginning to set and the trail looks a bit gloomy. 










We did quite a bit of trotting - met plenty of water.  No real points scored since we've already done puddles once.








We did meet up with a motorcycle out on the road -- but no bicycles..



We exit the trail -- and find long late afternoon shadows




When we reached the end of the trail and entered the open field - we had a nice trot up the hill.  Actually as we slowed again to a walk -- Zoe caught a lecture moment between Ya-ya and Dominic about focus :)  ( my grand-kids call me Ya-ya, Greek for grandma)  Just in case anyone is wondering about that and also my farm prefix (OYY) read this --


Then we played follow the leader trotting --




I had my saddle perfect for Miss Sweets and I was not missing Keri a bit -- I will not tell her that though because I actually think she's missed me ( I am SO flattered )







 Sun is just about disappearing behind the trees.

We better get homeward bound.





With this time change --  once the sun has set behind the horizon -- it's dark in a blink.





I ended up doing chores in the near dark -- but the ride was worth it :) 








Zoe and Reverie, Betsy and Sweet Bee in Vermont  ( and non-RAc'er Dominic and Job) 


4 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with Dominic! Trotted right along, no problem, great balance. Having ridden a bit with daughter and two sons, I can definitely say that the boys are lacking in focus, so I am not surprised at your comment.
    And Job is an angel. Your photos are beautiful!! Angie and I were riding with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Dominic!!! First trail ride! Looks like a great first one! Was such a beautiful day for a ride here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so much fun especially knowing these curlies of yours, Betsy!...and having met Dominic. I can't believe how big he has grown in just a year.I so enjoyed this post!! I can see he is going to be quite the cowboy some day. Another rider to promote your curlies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy,
    Wow, wonderful photos and great smiles...yes, Sweet Bee's too. So nice to have Dominic join in our fun. What a great young man.
    Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete