Thursday, February 3, 2011

Canter at last

Echo and I had help again yesterday with our canter transitions, and it was great. It was a very proud mummy moment. :)

We started by working on forward motion, so a lot of walk to trot, trot to halt, halt to trot, and then hey bingo, i got it, leg on and off he popped.

It was terrific, i still had my friend shouting "sit up, shoulders back", to remind me, but he was so off my leg, lovely and forward. I think by concentrating on the transitions i completly forgot about getting the canter transition wrong.

5 comments:

  1. That is great news Sarah! Good work. I know the feeling when you get it right, that's what makes riding so nice. There are always these kind of moments because you keep on learning and improving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! That is like me, taking pictures while riding has helped me with my confidence issues because I forget to be nervous while I am thinking, "Hey, this would be a great picture," and then all is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I find canter transitions to be one of the hardest. Both for me and the horse! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWSOME Job Sarah!! It is the best feeling when it "Clicks"!!! Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete